Even of us who personal or lease their very own autos and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can often profit from ride-hailing providers like Uber and Lyft.
For those who depend your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward once you use considered one of these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default cost methodology. The playing cards close to the highest of the listing deal with Uber followers higher, however in addition they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards applications and value-added perks. So take a while to evaluation all of your choices.
Finest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For greatest outcomes, select your most popular Uber card from this listing and designate it as your default Uber cost methodology.
For those who personal a small enterprise or earn adequate revenue as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business bank card, designate your most popular enterprise card as your default cost methodology for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not stated journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
$300 Annual Credit score Towards Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is the very best bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy purpose: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and ideas as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
For those who make no different journey purchases along with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium journey rewards bank card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their whole journey credit score on ridesharing fares. But it surely’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% price of return once you redeem for journey bookings by the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend a minimum of $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s value as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, inns, and different journey purchases by the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are categorised as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn a limiteless 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings by the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again by way of checking account deposits and assertion credit, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are value $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $550, and there’s a $75 licensed consumer payment per further consumer, per yr. There isn’t a overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a couple of dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Take pleasure in complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Cross lounges worldwide. Earn precious perks at high-end inns and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when accessible
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per Yr ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Specific appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) in opposition to Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 monthly for 11 months out of the yr and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll need to have a backup Uber cost methodology for those who plan to spend considerably greater than $15 monthly on ridesharing.
- Welcome Supply: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most popular steel Card design: traditional Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked straight with airways or by American Specific Journey and pay as you go inns booked by American Specific Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, reward playing cards, money again, normal merchandise, and particular experiences supplied by Amex companions. Redemption minimums usually begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are often value $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions supply the very best worth.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $695. There’s no licensed consumer payment or overseas transaction payment. See charges & charges for extra info.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline payment credit score that’s good in opposition to purchases with the airline of your alternative. Different advantages embrace complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at a number of the world’s most luxurious inns, and computerized Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes price on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per yr, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That stated, except you’ve gotten a variety of globe-trotting staff, you’re most likely not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber prices every year in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned by Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most popular card are value $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions might earn an excellent larger return, relying on the redemption methodology.
- Signal-Up Bonus: While you spend a minimum of $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is value $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or normal merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), delivery, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn a limiteless 1 level per $1 spent on the whole lot else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are value $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There isn’t a overseas transaction payment or payment for extra licensed customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a couple of dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, probably magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Take pleasure in journey insurance coverage and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
See our Chase Ink Enterprise Most popular Credit score Card evaluation for extra info. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Increase on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Most popular® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most popular isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and provides a pleasant worth enhance on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to taking part journey companions might earn an excellent larger return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, value as much as $750 on journey bought by Final Rewards, once you spend a minimum of $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the best ways to redeem is for journey bookings made by the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This feature values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embrace reward playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There’s no payment for extra licensed customers and no overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to taking part journey companions (a couple of dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a distinct sort of bank card, and it’s value studying our full evaluation (linked under) for extra on precisely what which means. While you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, robotically redeemed to your account every day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s presently no sign-up bonus. Examine the issuer’s web site for the newest bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or providers on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made by the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is robotically redeemed to your account every single day.
- Key Charges: There isn’t a annual payment or overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not frequent within the bank card world.
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card is among the hottest journey rewards bank cards in the marketplace. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, every single day, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% price of return on Uber spending once you redeem factors for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is value $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at inns.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the best ways to redeem is for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases at a per-point price of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embrace reward playing cards, normal assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual payment is waived through the first yr. There isn’t a overseas transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Take pleasure in $100 off your International Entry or TSA PreCheck software payment, plus a bunch of procuring and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automobile rental protection.
See our Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card evaluation for extra info. Study extra about this card and learn the way to use right here.
Methodology: How We Choose the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards
One of the best bank cards for Uber rides additionally are typically the very best bank cards for different sorts of journey purchases. However every card on this listing has some essential options and capabilities in frequent. These are an important ones we thought-about when placing it collectively.
Reward Price for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards applications deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for people who reward them above and past most different sorts of purchases.
Reward Price on Complementary Purchases
We additionally have a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases basically. An important complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and normal journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing providers once they’re out in town or touring removed from house.
New Cardmember Bonus
Many of the playing cards on this listing supply enticing bonuses for brand new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as the very best Uber bank cards (and the very best journey bank cards basically) are typically beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual payment, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place doable, we desire playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
One of the best Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few supply direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward price, however people who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card provides for vacationers, the upper it’s more likely to be on this listing.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
For those who’re nonetheless uncertain about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we’ve got solutions to some frequent questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nevertheless, basically, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or wonderful credit score, together with many playing cards on this listing. When you have restricted credit score historical past or your FICO rating is far under 700, you’ll have bother qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, the very best Uber bank cards have annual charges, typically in extra of $250. One of the best Uber bank card with out an annual payment is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Firms Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares nearly at all times qualify as normal journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, examine the positive print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as normal journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, sometimes qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure cost methodology, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Client Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber client bank card is now not accessible. Whereas that is little question disappointing to Uber followers, this listing reveals simply what number of options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And for those who drive for Uber, you possibly can benefit from the newer Uber Professional Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that gives rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas the very best all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Specific isn’t a nasty alternative both for those who can preserve your Uber spending at or close to $15 monthly.
For those who spend greater than $200 to $300 monthly on Uber rides, there’s no purpose to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber lovers can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per yr by rotating their Uber spending by these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in observe, Uber spending gained’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ whole journey credit score allowance.