Are you planning to pursue Law in India? The state of Kerala has the most top-rated law institutions in India. Kerala’s Commissioner of Entrance Exams (CEE) administers the Kerala Law Entrance Exam (KLEE) for admission to Kerala’s private, government, and self-financing law colleges’ five-year LLB, three-year LLB, and LLM programmes. The entrance test is held online in Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Thrissur, and Kozhikode at different examination centres. In this Leverage Edu blog, we will read everything important about KLEE Exam 2021.
|Exam Name||Kerala Law Entrance Exam (KLEE)|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala (CEE Kerala)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
KLEE 2021 Important Dates
|KLEE 2021||3-Year LLB Tentative Dates||5- Year LLB Tentative Dates|
|Release of Application form||March 08, 2021||March 08, 2021|
|Fina date to submit Application form||March 18, 2021||March 18, 2021|
|Application form reopened||June 5, 2021||June 5, 2021|
|Application Form Submission Final Date||June 15, 2021||June 15, 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2021||2nd week of April 2021|
|Date of Entrance Examination||June 20, 2021||June 22, 2021|
|Answer Key Release Date||Final week of June||Last week of June|
|Result Declaration for Exam||August 04, 2021||August 07, 2021|
Note: The KLEE Exam 2021 is scheduled to take place on July 30 and July 31 2021, due to a change in dates.
Check out How to Become a Corporate Lawyer?
Courses offered through KLEE Exam 2021
You can appear for the KLEE exam if you wish to pursue the following courses:
KLEE 2021 Application Form
To fill out the KLEE online application form successfully, the candidate must take all of the steps outlined below:
- To fill out the KLEE online application form, candidates must first go to the KLEE official website.
- Find the course to apply for the KLEE exam on the official website’s homepage.
- Click the “Apply Online” button in the next browser.
- Candidates must have completed the registration with a correct email address, phone number, and password.
- After completing the registration process, press the “Confirm” button to submit your application.
Fill out the Application Form
- On the home tab, enter your registered ID and password.
- Choose three examination centres in order of importance.
- Fill out the registration form and the necessary information to apply for the KLEE exam in 2021.
- After filling out the application form, press the “Save & Preview” button and then click on the full form again.
- Click the “Save & Finalize” button after reviewing the application form.
ALso Read: Law Entrance Exams: India & Abroad
Upload the Required Documents
All below mentioned necessary documentation must be submitted:
- Candidate’s Photograph & Signature
- PwD certificate.
- Nativity Certificate.
- Candidate’s ID verification proof like Aadhar card and PAN card
- Certificate to indicate the age of the applicant, such as passport/10th standard mark sheets .
- Caste/Category certificate.
For the final submission, the nominee must pay the KLEE 2021 application form fee, otherwise the application number will not be produced for the applicant.
KLEE 2021 Application Form Fees
|General and SEBC||Rs.650|
Know More About AIBE [All India Bar Examination] 2021
Mode of Payment
- Candidates can pay the KLEE application fee online with a debit card, credit card, or net banking account.
- Candidates will make e-challan payments by printing the e-challan and paying in cash at any head/sub-post office in Kerala.
Print the Application Form Confirmation Page
It is advised that applicants print the application form by selecting the “Print Confirmation Tab” button. The applicant ensures that the printout of the KLEE application form is kept intact since it will be used during the selection process.
Also Read: AP LAWCET 2021
Eligibility Criteria of KLEE Exam
Candidates seeking admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate Law courses need to fulfil the eligibility criteria as under:
|Five-year Integrated law courses||-Should have qualified or appeared in Class 12th or equivalent examination.
-They should have obtained minimum qualifying marks as under: General – 45% marks Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) category – 42% marks SC/ ST category – 40% marks
-Must be at least 17 years of age as of December 31 of the admission year.
|Three-year law course||-Finished graduation in any discipline from the University of Kerala or equivalent.
-Secured 45% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
-SEBC qualifying marks are 42%,
-The qualifying marks are 40% for SC/ ST category candidates
-No upper or lower age limit criteria for admissions to this course
|One-year LLM course||-Studied a bachelor degree in Law, i.e. three-year LLB course or five-year integrated LLB
-Obtained at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
KLEE 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for KLEE 2021 will be released at least one week before the exam date. The KLEE admit card will be available online at cee.kerala.org. To obtain an admit card, candidates must first log in to the 3-year LLB/5-year LLB admission portal. The KLEE 2021 hall pass, as well as a valid ID, are required documents for taking the exam. Furthermore, the KLEE admit card contains information such as the candidate’s roll number, registration number, exam centre address, exam date and time, and other pertinent information.Candidates should keep their admit cards after the Kerala Law Entrance Examination 2021 is completed. It’ll come in handy later, when it’s time for counselling and seat assignments.
KLEE 2021 Exam Centres
At the time of registration, candidates must choose their exam centres. Kerala’s KLEE will be held throughout the state. The KLEE 2021 exam centres are listed below.
KLEE Exam Pattern 2021
The KLEE 2021 exam pattern has been recommended by the exam authorities in order to educate candidates about the different examination modalities. According to the KLEE 2021 exam pattern, the examination will be administered in an online CBT format with 200 questions drawn from a prescribed syllabus. Each question will be worth three points, with one point deducted for each incorrect answer. The exam pattern is detailed below.
|Exam mode||Online, Computer-based test mode|
|Exam duration||Two hours|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Marking scheme||3 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
Check out the BA LLB Subjects
For LLB Course
For LLM Course
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Law of Contracts||25||75|
|Law of Crimes||25||75|
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Interpretation of statutes||10||30|
|Law of Torts||10||30|
|Law of Property||20||60|
|Public International Law||20||60|
KLEE 2021 Exam Results
The following information is given for the applicants’ reference about the declaration of the results:
The authority is going to announce the results. In September 2021, applicants will get their scores. Candidates will be able to access their results in an online format on the university’s official website. To validate the data, applicants had to use the login credentials they were given at the time of enrollment. Applicants should save their results and make a copy of them for future use. Applicants should keep the results safe because they include information such as the applicant’s name, roll range, cumulative marks scored, and rank/merit position. When the results are announced, applicants can check the schedule for the counselling session. Here is an overview of the available results:
|Available seats||For 3-year LLB – 625400 (govt) + 225 (private)For 5-year LLB – 1295320 (govt.) + 975 (private)|
Know More About LNAT (Law National Aptitude Test) 2021
KLEE 2021 Exam Counselling
For the qualified candidates, CEE will organise a centralised allotment process. To grant entry to the university, CEE will perform an online counselling process for qualifying applicants. For any of the courses, the counselling process will be arranged in September. The authority has the authority to rank certain applicants based on their performance in the entrance test.
Shortlisted applicants are required to bring certain documents to the counselling session for registration and authentication purposes. For the authentication process, applicants must submit both original and valid papers. If authorities discover any incorrect documents during the verification process, they have the authority to deny the candidates’ entry. Candidates who have been nominated should make their selections in an on-line mode. The authority has the authority to allot seats to candidates depending on the filled choices on the official website.
KLEE 2021 Participating Colleges
- Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram -60
- Government Law College, Ernakulam-60
- Government Law College, Thrissur-60
- Government Law College, Kozhikode-60
Self – financing colleges:
- Al-Ameen Law College, Kulappully, Shornur, Palakkad- 60
- Al Azhar Law college, Perumpillichira P O, Thodupuzha, Idukki- 60
- CSI Institute of Legal Studies, Cheruvarakonam, Parassala P O, Thiruvananthapuram- 60
- KMCT Law College, Malappuram- 50
- MCT College of Legal Studies, Melmuri, Malappuram- 50
- Sree Narayana Law College, Poothotta, Ernakulam- 60
- Nehru Academy of Law, Lakkidi, Palakkad- 60
Also Read: Best Law Universities in UK
- Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram- 80
- Government Law College, Ernakulam- 80
- Government Law College, Thrissur- 80
- Government Law College, Kozhikode- 80
Self-financing law institutes:
- Al Azhar Law college, Perumpillichira P O, Thodupuzha, Idukki- 30
- Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva East, Chunangamveli, Ernakulam- 120
- CSI College for Legal Studies, Kanakkary P O, Ettumanoor, Kottayam- 60
- CSI Institute of Legal Studies, Cheruvarakonam, Parassala P O, Thiruvananthapuram- 90
- Co-operative School of Law, Vengalloor P O, Mutharamkannu, Thodupuzha, Idukki- 90
- Mar Gregorios College of Law, Nalanchira, Thiruvananthapuram- 90
- Mount Zion Law College, Konni, K K Nair Road, Pathanamthitta- 30
- N S S Law College, Kottiyam, Kollam- 30
- The Kerala Law Academy Law College, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 005- 30
- Sree Narayana Law College, Poothotta, Ernakulam.- 60
- Sree Narayana Guru College of Legal Studies, Kollam- 90
- KMCT Law College, Mampara, Pazhur P O, Kuttippuram, Malappuram.- 50
- Markaz Law College, Karanthur, Kozhikode- 30
- V.R Krishnan Ezhuthachan Law College, Palakkad- 30
- Ambookan Ittoop Memorial(AIM) College of Law, Thrissur- 30
- MCT College of Legal Studies, Melmuri, Malappuram- 25
- Nehru Academy of Law, Lakkidi, Palakkad- 30
- Bhavan’s N A Palkivala Academy for Advanced Legal Studies & Research, Ramanattukara- 60
The Kerala Law Entrance Examination (KLEE) is a state-level law entrance exam administered by the Kerala Commissioner of Entrance Examination.
No, the application form will only be available online, and it can be found on CEE’s official website.
No, applicants must obtain their admit cards from the CEE website.
Yes, but only applicants with a Kerala origin are eligible for some kind of quota or fee reduction.
Candidates would be immediately considered for potential allotment rounds for options other than the one they were given. The remaining options will be cancelled by anyone who does not wish to be eligible for upcoming rounds.
The candidates’ merit in KLEE, as well as their options for course/college and reservation requirements, are used to determine allotment (if applicable).
The law colleges of Kerala offer admissions based on KLEE score. There are 4 government law colleges and around 22 private law colleges associated with the KLEE exam.
As a result, we hope that this blog has provided you with all of the necessary details about the KLEE 2021 exam. If you are preparing to take this exam, contact our experts at Leverage Edu, and we will assist you with any questions you may have as well as provide you with the requisite skills and experience to ensure a successful test preparation!